ADfed Executive Director Role
The Advertising Federation of Minnesota (AdFed) is looking for an Executive Director to work alongside the volunteer Board in elevating the MN advertising and marketing community to inspire cool shit. The Executive Director is a 1099 independent contract, exempt, full-time position; as such, benefits are not included in the compensation package.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and growth plans for the organization. Other key duties include connecting businesses/agencies/vendors with new audiences and engaging the community at large. This position reports directly to the Board of Directors and is directly responsible for supporting our key pillars:
● Increase annual and program attendees within new membership model
● Support our existing membership base while reaching new audiences within the advertising and marketing community
● Build best-in-class support for our community at large
● Grow sponsorship investment in order to support programming goals
What we do:
The Advertising Federation of Minnesota is meant to support members and sponsors through events, programs, and content while supporting continued career development. AdFed curates resources that inspire and inform through leadership, knowledge, and idea sharing for our community through kickass events and resources.
We’re an organization meant to support members of all backgrounds and stages within careers. AdFed connects individuals that think and do things differently, are open minded, and are looking to be inspired and entertained.
Board Governance – Working alongside the Board to fulfill the organization’s mission.
● Project management skills necessary to track multiple ongoing engagements at once
● Open communication and effective delegation in a timely, accurate, and concise manner with the Board to provide all information necessary for the Board to make informed decisions
Organization Mission and Strategy – Works with the Board to ensure the AdFed mission is fulfilled through key programming and community outreach.
● Support the implementation of programs from initial setup through fee/sponsorship collections
● Enhance the image of AdFed by being active and visible in the community, working closely with agencies/marketing organizations of all sizes and disciplines
● Help create strategic connections between AdFed members and brand/vendor audiences to build mutually beneficial relationships
Financial Performance and Viability – Works with the Board to develop resources sufficient to ensure financial health of the organization.
● Responsible for fiscal management of operating within budget while assessing resource allocation to keep AdFed in a positive financial position
● Fundraising and sponsorship development alongside Board members to raise support necessary to drive AdFed’s mission forward
● Bachelor’s degree
● Leadership/delegation experience
● Budget management skills including budget preparation, reporting, and allocation
● Strong organizational abilities including planning, development, and task facilitation
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Ability to interface and engage with diverse group of volunteers, professionals, and sponsors
● Strong public speaking ability
● Nonprofit experience is a plus
● Volunteer Board management is a plus
The Advertising Federation of Minnesota supports advertising and marketing professionals of all backgrounds by adding value at all career points. Our Executive Director will help us make that happen.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com outlining how your skills and experience aligns with AdFed’s needs.